Monday 1 September 2008

poem for my Mum RIP

The Secret.
Give me a moment of your precious time.
I want to tell you a secret.
You won’t have to wait long,
I won’t keep you in suspense.
I know, I see, I observe your breathing.

There isn’t much time to let it out
What I’ve never told before.
It won’t be a secret for long but you’ll never tell, I know.
Look closely can you see me?
Listen carefully can you hear me?
Don’t go yet I haven’t told you what I want to say,
But once I do I fear you’ll go.
Do you want to hear it?
I guess it’s not important but I need to tell you.
I love you.
I’ve only told you once then I watch you fade away
I hold you in my heart, even though you broke it
I hear you in my head.

I see you in my dreams.
Do you watch me?
Can you see me?
Never again to speak, never again to touch.
Do you remember?
I told you a secret.



My Mum died when I was 23 and I never told her I loved her until she was dying, in fact she was unconscious when I said it so I never knew if she heard me or not. I still can't believe it til this day that she is gone.

No comments: